President Bush has changed the order of succession for the National Archives and Records Administration's top job. Should the Archivist of the United States and his deputy both meet untimely ends—say, due to a freak accident involving the Vice President and a 28-gauge shotgun—the following people, in order, would succeed to the office:
- Assistant Archivist for Administration
- Assistant Archivist for Records Services, Washington, D.C.
- Assistant Archivist for Regional Records Services
- Assistant Archivist for Superfluous Bureaucracy
- Commissioner of the International Arabian Horse Association
- The Bald Guy on Lost
- Whoever Picks Up the Phone at Halliburton