No answers yet to my second challenge. I'll admit, it's kind of a tricky problem, so here are a few more clues:
- All you need is Google (this might also help).
- Search for John Alfred Ross first, and find an interesting fact about him.
- By "interesting" I mean it can't possibly be true.
- Keeping that interesting fact (and the type of page where you found it) in mind, search for Jeremiah J. Pearson.
- While you're Googling, remember that first names aren't always first, and middle initials can be a nuisance.
- In John's case, the "interesting fact" may be the result of an error in 2002. In Jeremiah's case, the error occurred in 1842 or thereabouts.