It's time again to shorten my to-do list.
- The Online Edition of Everton's Genealogical Helper makes its debut today. They'll knock $2 off the $12 subscription price if you sign up very, very soon—yesterday, if you can manage it.
- Mark Humphrys poses The Blennerhassett Challenge, and offers a reward of €1000—enough to purchase 131 subscriptions to the Online Edition of Everton's Genealogical Helper.
- The Unclaimed Persons group on Facebook can claim 315 members and a couple of successes.
- Speaking of challenges, Mark Aubrey found some clues, but #130 never got fully answered. Surely someone can find evidence of Phil and Sadie Sendak's nuptials.
- Rainy Day Genealogy Readings pointed me towards Earth Point, which "maps the United States Public Land Survey System onto Google Earth." Too bad none of my ancestors ventured beyond New York.
- I like the Babe Ruth Genealogy Project, but as a Red Sox fan I'd prefer a Carl Yastrzemski Genealogy Project.
- If your high-school French fails you as often as mine fails me, try Lingro. Enter a website's address—say, Gilles Cayouette's blog—click on any word and Lingro provides a translation and/or definition. If you like it, install a bookmarklet and always have it a click away. [Update: Here's a Firefox extension that does something similar using Google Translate.]