Everyday, thousands travel these roads. And standing silent as the hectic 20th-century flies by in a haze of cars, minivans and 18-wheelers, are the tombstones of the Richview Memorial Cemetery, lodged at the intersection of Highways 427 and 401.
In 1853, local landowner William Knaggs donated a small plot of land for a non-denominational church and graveyard. A small wooden church was built on the cemetery plot and then torn down when a brick church was built beside the graves in 1888. It was demolished in 1959 when it became impossible to hold services with the encircling traffic. [Link]