- Follow best genealogical practices at all times. Or else learn to fake it like the rest of us.
- Hateful language will not be tolerated unless directed at people I also hate.
- When attacking religions, lay off the Mormons because you'll probably need their help someday.
- Politics should never, ever be discussed on a genealogy blog because Obama is the Antichrist.
- Always give proper attributions for the stuff you rip off from better blogs.
- Your grandchildren are not as cute as you think they are, so stop writing about them.
- Never accept money or gifts from companies in return for favorable reviews of their products without first offering to cut me in.
- As Ernest Hemingway once told my grandfather over a bottle of absinthe while celebrating the liberation of Paris, "Do not embellish your family history to attract readers."
- Periodically post your blog's traffic statistics so those of us with more visitors can feel superior.
- Ask for help when you need it. But don't ask me to help you move, because I'm busy that weekend.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Filed under blogs